Friday, July 30, 2010

Tool #10

Free I-Touch Apps
I looked over the list of SBISD apps and my favorite is Google Earth. In First Grade, one of our units of study is maps. I would love to use the app to allow the children to explore maps further. I know they would enjoy finding our school and familiar places around their home. It would also allow us to look at maps from the 10 states and 3 countries that we learn about.


Wish List of I-Touch Apps
I found two apps that I would love to be able to use in the classroom. The list of apps the district has do not include many for the primary grade levels. Here are the two I would use the most.

Zoo Spelling
This is a great literacy tool that would allow the kids to practice building high frequency words. I believe this would be an excellent tool to help support word work that is taught during guided reading.


Math Magic
This app would be great to use to help support students in learning their math facts.






In Closing ...
I think I-touch apps are a great way to encourage students to practice the skills that are taught in the classroom. Plus, they do not know they are learning the think they are playing games.

No comments:

Post a Comment