Thursday, July 29, 2010

Tool #7

Wow! That was a lot of fun but very time consuming. I am very very sad because I tried to do a voice over and all my microphone picked up was static. It sounded awful, so I had to resort to the text. Not as fun but it works. You always have to have a back up during lessons, so it goes to show that options are always needed. This reminded me of "Reading Rainbow" as a kid. Yes, I am young. I know!!

I know the kids would love to experiment with Digital Storytelling. While we are in the learning process, I would love to use this as a class project. We could work together to create the story line, pictures, and script for the voice over. Hopefully we will have a working microphone :). Then as the kids get more comfortable with the media, I would love to have them create their "digital story" in groups or pairs.

I would also love to use it at the end of the unit. It could be a new fun way for the kids to present what they have learned. An insect video....how neat!!

What a wonderful tool to get kids engaged in not only storytelling with a beginning, middle, and end but writing! I love how it explained that at the beginning of the year only 60% of a fourth grade class would say they were writers and at the end of the year 90% said they were writers. That is awesome and motivating!

No comments:

Post a Comment