Friday, July 30, 2010

Tool #8

Digraph Rap


*Note - I will need to do a voice over for this video because he mispronounces the digraphs. He adds a /u/ to the end of each digraph so that instead of saying /sh/ he says /shu/. The song is so so catchy, so I will need to sing over his voice so the kids get the correct digraph sound.

Magic Money Game Show



This teacher, Mr. Thompson, has a pretty sweet teacher tube channel. He has videos for high frequency words and also some Science rap videos. I try to rap with the kids to help them learn concepts, so it's nice to find another teacher that follows that too. I strongly believe that kids learn through singing and what better way then with their favorite style of music.

I wanted to add a math video and money is such a hard concept for First Graders. I think it would be fun to have them create their own versions of this game show.

Ok, so I have to admit that United Streaming is probably my most used technology in the classroom. I love to introduce new concepts by finding a short video clip to engage the students. It's like my hook. Mostly, I love using videos to introduce new authors we are studying. It helps the students to see that authors are real people just like you and me.

I do like Teacher Tube but it really makes me worried because the comments from other users are not censored. I came across some pretty vulgar comments. When I use United Streaming, I view the video clip beforehand to make sure it is appropriate. I guess this is a good rule of thumb for Teacher Tube as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment