Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Tool #6

Wiki-Wiki-Wikis :)

I have been encouraged to use wikis in the past but I never really saw how I would incorporate them in a primary classroom. I loved the idea of using them in the writing process. I think it would be so neat to have a co-classroom that would read our story and help us revise it. It would be like a pen-pal but a pen-class ... lol!! It would help the class see different ways that they can improve their writing.

Also, I think it would be neat to use a wiki when a grade level is planning a field trip or activity. Each classroom in the grade level could brainstorm what they need. Then each class could edit in with what they are bringing or making. What a great thought process and it makes it so hands on for the kids. It also puts the process in the kids hands and not all on the teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment