Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Tool #2

I am actually excited about setting up a personal learning network. I strongly believe that as a teacher, I'm always learning from not only my students but fellow teachers as well. I have to admit I love to share the strategies that I have incorporated to help meet the needs of the different learners in my classroom. I would find it super engaging to read about what other teachers are trying in the classroom and ways they have adapted things to fit their classroom needs. Plus it's always nice to get feedback on something you have tried but have not quiet figured out how to make it work for yourself.

As far as commenting, I have to admit that I am a "lurker" who reads but does not ofter contribute. I found it interesting because in previous blogs I have commented on, it is often when the blogger has asked for advice or if the situation is similar to one that I have encountered. I plan to use this with my students to get them actively engaged in commenting. I also really like the idea of responding to the comments, which I have noticed the benefits of this in my classroom. When you respond to the child's writing by saying things like, "I love how you talked about ...." and also asking them questions. Their faces really light up when they notice that you responded to their writing.

Blogs I have commented on ....
1) Savcic's Savants
2) The Tech-Teacher Experiment
3) Number Antics
4) Miss Williams First Grade
5) Johnson's Journey

No comments:

Post a Comment