Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Tool #5

I love love love this site :)!! I spent time playing the interactive reading games and I have to admit that Wellington is one cool turtle. I could see the kids getting really engaged and it's a great way to practice the key concepts that are getting taught in the guided reading groups. This website even has guided reading stories that the kids can read that are based on Roy's adventures. The best part is that unlike Star Fall the kids have to read the text but it still offers animation on each page. It's a great tool for First Graders to use and interact with.
Roy the Zebra

The second site that I found is a great literacy resource for teachers. It provides links to First Grade vocabulary and even has assessments for both fluency and comprehension. I also found that it has a list of leveled readers that you can send home with parents. That way the parents can easily tell if their child is reading a book on their correct level. I think it is a very helpful site.
Hello Literacy

The tags I created were "first grade", "literacy", "writer's workshop", and "math". I think this is an easy way to find exactly what I'm looking for and fast.

Social bookmarking would be a great tool to use in the classroom. It would help the students find websites when we are doing our research on insects. It would also be a great tool during workstations and would allow the students to quickly find the website that they need to access. It also helps me, as a teacher, know that my students are visiting appropriate websites during the times I am teaching in small groups.

No comments:

Post a Comment